Accessories.Ford.com Privacy Statement
- General Statement
- Information About Our Organization and Website and General Data Collection Practices
- Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You
- How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
- Other (Non-Personally Identifiable) Information We Collect From Site Visitors
- How We Use the Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
- Methods to Collect Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information
- Security of Your Information
- Processing of Personal Data
- Links to Other Sites
- Children's Privacy
- Contacting Us
- Privacy Statement Effective Date and Revision Days
1. General Statement:We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This privacy statement explains our policies and practices regarding online customer information. It is through this disclosure that we intend to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, and safeguard personal and other information we collect or that you provide through this website, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our data handling practices we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you. By using the site, you agree to the terms of this privacy statement.
2. Information About Our Organization and Website and General Data Collection Practices:
This Privacy Statement applies to Accessories.Ford.com. Accessories.Ford.com is owned by Ford Motor Company, Marketing, Sales and Service Division, 16800 Executive Plaza Drive, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126.
This privacy statement also applies to Accessories.Lincoln.com, and Accessories.Ford.com and Accessories.Lincoln.com are herein collectively referenced as Accessories.Ford.com.
The business purpose of this website is to provide reliable information about Ford and Lincoln Accessories as well as to facilitate sales of Accessories to new and used vehicle owners. Sales on this website take place between customers and Ford or Lincoln Dealerships. Customers purchase directly from the dealership. Ford Motor Company is not responsible for the sale, delivery or installation of such accessories.
For added convenience, a select set of site features are accessible from web-enabled mobile devices as a mobile-optimized web experience. These site features may be limited in functionality.
Online Tracking Information
When you visit this site other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your digital activity over time and across digital platforms. This information may include identifiers that may permit those parties to serve tailored ads to your device(s). For more information about third-party advertising partners’ collection and use of such data for interest-based advertising purposes (and opting out of such use), see “Interest-Based Advertising” in Section 7.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals other than cookies, Ford Motor Company does not currently respond to undefined “DNT” signals to its US websites.
Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some functions or services on our sites.
See Sections 5 and 7 for more information.
3. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You:
When you visit Accessories.Ford.com we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, personally identifiable information is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, street address, telephone number, and email address (and credit card number if you place an order). If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information you can still access our website, however you will be unable to create log in credentials, participate in certain promotions, receive product information or have a purchase order fulfilled.
Our primary goal in collecting personally identifiable information from you when you visit Accessories.Ford.com is to provide you the functionality and services that you need to have a meaningful and customized experience while using the site features.
This site may use session and persistent “cookies” to collect personally identifiable information in order to verify log in credentials. An explanation on collection methods and how they work is included in Section 7 – Methods to Collect Information, below.
4. How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
Personally identifiable information collected on Accessories.Ford.com may be used to:
- Fulfill a site user request including contacting a dealership
- Fulfill an order for accessories, including credit card purchases
- Respond to your comments or requests for information
- Meet a request for or to develop new products or services
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Send specific emails to which you have subscribed
- Develop new and improved products, services and marketing
- Contact you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services
- Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services
- Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database and may be used for marketing and other purposes
- Match personal data collected here with data about you that we collect through other sources
- Comply with legal requirements
5. Other Information We Collect From Site Visitors:
Through this website, we collect site usage information from site visitors that may be linkable to you through your device or web browser. This information allows us to perform site metrics and compile aggregate and statistical data. This information is used to improve the functionality of the website by identifying popular features and measuring site activity to better meet user wants and needs. The information collected includes information, such as, site pages visited, time spent on our site, or page clicks, mouse movements, and scrolls.
If you visit this site using a mobile device, we collect additional information which may include the type/model of the mobile device viewing the site, device identifiers, and the mobile device’s service provider and operating system.
Our primary goal in collecting this information is to analyze site metrics that we use to improve the functionality of the website.
We may use session and persistent “cookies,” session logs, spotlight ads/web beacons/GIF/pixel tags, banner ads or links, and third-party click tracking analytics tools (DART, Omniture tags, DoubleClick and Google Analytics; these companies may also use such tools) to obtain site usage information about site visitors. An explanation on collection methods and how they work is included in Section 7 - Methods to Collect Information, below.
6. How We Use Site Usage Information:
Site Usage information collected on Accessories.Ford.com may be used to:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
- Measure site activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs
- Provide you content that may be of interest to you based on pages visited and items viewed
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Develop new and improved products, services and marketing
- We also use site usage information for the purpose of performing analytics on the user’s experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
- Is performed on an aggregate level
- May involve the use of a third-party vendor acting on behalf of Accessories.Ford.com
- May be combined with data collected by third parties on other sites and apps and across devices
- Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience
- May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other Ford Motor Company websites or to track other events within or across this and other Ford Motor Company websites
7. Methods to Collect Information:
A “cookie” is a small text file that helps us in many ways to make your visit to our website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, cookies avoid you having to log in every time you come back to one of our websites. They also allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. There are a couple different types of cookies.
A “session” cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever.
A “persistent” cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Persistent cookies stay on your computer until either a) they expire, b) they are overwritten with newer cookies, or c) you manually remove them. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features.
This site may use a third party to deliver site functionality such as fulfilling your request for quotes on items from our online store, determining sales tax, and shipping cost and processing credit card transactions to facilitate online purchases. In performing this function the third party may place a persistent cookie on your computer or have to gather personal information from you in order to determine sales tax and shipping cost and process credit card transactions.
This site may use third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as DART, Omniture tags, DoubleClick and Google Analytics) to capture clickthrough statistics. These parties may collect information about your use of the site and across different sites and mobile apps, and across devices over time.
Accessories.Ford.com may use spotlight ads/web beacons/GIF/pixel tags which are site instrumentation tools that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or not and, if so, how many times. Emails or electronic newsletters we send may use tools (e.g., pixel tags or web beacons) to gather email metrics and information to improve the reader’s experience such as how many of the emails are opened, if they were printed or forwarded, the type of device (e.g., mobile or PC) from which they were opened, and the city, state, and county associated with the applicable IP address. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a webpage, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon.
This website may generate a “session log” when you visit our site. We use session logs to help us determine how people travel through our site. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we’re providing is being used. The only data gathered is the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you came, the website that referred you, the pages you visited and the date and time of those visits.
Interest-Based Advertising. On some pages of our site we may allow third-party advertising partners to set web tracking tools and storage technology (e.g., cookies, web beacons, pixels) to collect or receive information regarding your activities on those web pages (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such information we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and combine it with information collected from other websites, apps or other digital services) for purposes of delivering future targeted advertisements to you when you interact with other (non-Ford) sites, mobile apps or digital services within their networks, and to provide measurement services. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising".
Pages of our website that collect information that may be used by such advertising partners for interest-based advertising purposes are identified by a link to AdChoices in the footer of the page.
Opting out Note: The process to opt-out of interest-based advertising is different for web browsers and mobile apps.
1. Opting out on website pages. If you do not want your online browsing while on such pages to be used for interest-based advertising purposes, you may click on the AdChoices link in the footer to opt-out of such uses by the listed advertising partner(s). An opt-out applies only to the device and browser in use at the time of opting out. If you clear your browser cookies and wish to remain opted out of interest-based advertising, you must opt-out again. See the following paragraph to learn more about how opting out works. Even if you opt-out through this service, we may still collect information regarding your site activities and use it for non-interest-based advertising purposes.
1a. Opt-out Compliance Service for interest-based advertisements. This site and advertisements on third-party sites that link to this privacy statement use the Ghostery assurance service to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (now generally known as interest-based advertising) managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) (http://www.aboutads.info). When you opt-out on site pages, or through such advertisements, Ghostery conveys your opt-out election(s) to the applicable advertising partner(s), which then know to place a cookie on your specific computer and browser (and only the specific computer and browser from which you opt-out) indicating that you have opted out. If you clear your browser cookies and wish to remain opted out of interest-based advertising, you must opt-out again. The list of our advertising partners that place cookies on this website may be updated from time to time. To opt-out of internet-based advertising by all DAA-participating companies and to learn more about interest-based advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
2. Opting out of in App interest-based advertisements. iOS and Android mobile device users, and possibly users of other mobile devices, may control in App advertisements by disabling or resetting the mobile device advertiser ID. Below are links to instructions for controlling advertising IDs on iOS and Android devices. iOS – click here Android - click here
See the Opting out on website pages section above for opting out of interest-based advertising related to your mobile phone’s browser.
3. Opting out through online advertisements. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link and that link to this privacy statement may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt-out of the advertising partners' use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes. Even if you opt-out through this service, we may still collect and use information from the advertisements for non-interest-based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
8. Sharing Your Information:
Accessories.Ford.com does not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice. We share hashed emails from our marketing database with social media advertising partners, such as Facebook, so that they can create Custom Audiences and deliver advertisements on our behalf to their members. Members are identifiable when the Social Media partner matches our hashed data to its hashed data of its members.
Personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using our site features or requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases and be used for purposes of contacting you for things like promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from this website or other Ford Motor Company programs and services.
We may share personally identifiable information that we collect about you with other companies within the Ford Motor Company family of companies or subsidiaries. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers.
Personally identifiable information that you provide to Accessories.Ford.com may be shared with our authorized dealers. This is necessary in order to honor your request for a price quote on an accessory, to fulfill an order, or to provide a dealer with information for purposes of contacting you in their regular course of business. The dealer is not restricted by Accessories.Ford.com in their use of your data.
We may share personally identifiable information with vendors, contractors or partners in the normal course of business. Vendors, contractors or partners of Accessories.Ford.com who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for Accessories.Ford.com are required to keep the information confidential and are restricted in their use of the data.
Site metrics for Accessories.Ford.com may be shared with other Ford Motor Company websites or subsidiaries or affiliates.
Accessories.Ford.com will disclose your personally identifiable information, without notice, if (1) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Ford Motor Company, its affiliates or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Ford Motor Company, its affiliates or this site; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Ford Motor Company or affiliate personnel, users of their websites, or the public; or (2) if required to do so by law.
9. Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information:
To correct or update your personal information log into your profile and update your information on this website. You will be asked for your user name and password so that we may be able to process your changes. Accessories.Ford.com will use reasonable efforts to correct any factual inaccuracies in your information.
The scope of access available for this request is for information stored in the database that holds the data for Accessories.Ford.com. Any personally identifiable information that has been collected from you on other Company websites will not be accessible or changeable through the processing of this request.
10. Security of Your Information:
Safeguarding information of visitors to our website is important to us. While no systems, applications or websites are 100% secure, we use systems, policies and procedures to reasonably protect information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Vendors, contractors or partners of Accessories.Ford.com who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for Accessories.Ford.com are required to keep the information confidential.
Vendors are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Accessories.Ford.com.
11. Processing of Personal Data:By visiting this site and by providing your personally identifiable information to us, you understand and consent to the collection, use, processing, transfer, and disclosure of your personally identifiable information globally --- including to the United States – in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Therefore, by visiting this site and by providing such information, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations. Your consent shall be deemed to include your consent to transfer of the personally identifiable information to locations that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country.
12. Links to Other Sites:
Accessories.Ford.com provides links to other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of all sites that you visit, including those whose links are provided so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. Accessories.Ford.com is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices on other websites.
13. Children’s Privacy:
Accessories.Ford.com does not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the phone number or mailing address listed in section 14 if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for Accessories.Ford.com.
14. Contacting Us:If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this online privacy statement for Accessories.Ford.com, Accessories.Ford.com privacy practices, or have any questions regarding the contents of this website please contact us at
Telephone 800-392-3673 800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired) Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST Mailing Address Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center P.O. Box 6248 Dearborn, MI 48126 Accessories.Ford.com is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy and the handling of your data. Accessories.Ford.com will be happy to respond to your questions and comments.
15. Privacy Statement Effective Date and Revision Days:
Occasionally we may update the privacy statement for Accessories.Ford.com in order to reflect any changes to the website or our privacy practices. If we update this statement, the new statement will be posted to the website ten (10) days prior to the changes taking effect.
The effective date of this privacy statement is August 10, 2018.